Dedham Art Association Board Members
Naomi Y. Wilsey
Jo Ann Appel
The Dedham Art Association (DAA) is a non-profit organization with a commitment to enriching our communities through art.
The Association has a long history and continues to grow. We offer art demonstrations and workshops by professional artists that are educational and highlight diverse media and techniques.
We enhance the quality of life through art exhibits that are open to the public.
Please join us!
Our meetings are held at:
The Endicott Estate
656 East Street
Dedham, MA 02026
Annual membership fee is $25.00. The membership includes free admission to art demonstrations, a weekly painting group, and discounted art workshops.
Art demonstration events are $5.00 for guests.
For meeting location go to:
December Newsletter Link:
November Newsletter Link:
October Newsletter Link:
September Newsletter Link:
August Newsletter Link:
July Newsletter Link:
June Newsletter Link:
May Newsletter Link:
April Newsletter Link:
Exhibit Policy for Members:
Fall Members' Exhibit
Our members are exhibiting at the Webster Bank, 1000 Highland Avenue, Needham, MA. Pictured above, Catherine Perrone with her "Green Vase" oil painting. The exhibit is on view through January 3, 2019.
Welcome to New
who have joined us during the month of October are: Joy Falls, Karen Sweeney and Madeline Flynn.
To become a member, please click on the Membership Form link.
From the Plein Air Committee:
Here's a list of potential locations for plein air painting. Contact Jean Veigas 781-449-4324
if you have additional locations to add to the list.
Places for Plein Air
We asked our members, "What Are Your Favorite Art Books?"
Here are lists from our members and supporters:
- Originals, American Women Artists, Eleanor Munro
- A History of America Art, by Daniel M. Mendelowitz
- The Artist's Way, by Julia Cameron
- Jennifer Bartlett, by Marge Goldwater
Art of Creative Thinking, by Rod Judkins
- Georgia O'Keefe, by Roxana Robinson
- The Renaissance and Mannerism in Italy, by Alastair Smart
"Show Your Work" by Austin Kleon
- Henri Matisse- A Retrospective, by John Elderfield
- Painting Summer in New England, by Trevor Fairbrother
- The Art Spirit, Robert Henri
- Alla Prima II Everything I know
about Painting, Richard Schmid
- Lessons in Classical Painting,
- Oil Painting Essentials, Gregg
- The Artist’s Guide to
Sketching, Gurney & Kinkade
- Watercolor, John Pike
- Making Color Sing, Jean Dobie
- Oils, Trevor Chamberlain
- Light and Mood in Watercolour,
- John Singer Sargent
Watercolors, Erica E. Hirshler and Teresa A. Carbone
- Alla Prima, Al Gury
- Alla Prima, by Richard Schmid (both I and II)
- The Elements of Landscape Oil Painting, by Suzanne
- Still Life Painting Atelier, by Michael Friel.
- Watercolors and Drawings of the French
Impressionists, Horst Keller
- All the many Master Drawings books...
- The World of Art Sandra Forty
- Janson's History of Art
- Art Past and Present
- The Group of Seven
- 30,000 Years of Art
- Drawings by Pierre-Paul Prud'hon Elderfield and Gordon
- Charles Bargue Drawing Course
- Anything about the 17th Century Dutch Masters
- Acrylics Tips
and Tricks by David Cuthbert
- Terry's Top
Tips for Watercolour Artists by Terry Harrison
Painting by George James
- Drawing 1
by Walter Foster
- People by
by Walter Foster
- Street Scenes
by Walter Foster
by Philip Berrill
- George Innes and the Visionary Landscape, Adrienne Baxter Bell
- The Art of North America, Wolfgang Haberland
- Portrait of an Artist, by Laurie Lisle
- The Watercolorist's Essential Notebook, Gordon MacKenzie